Thin Wall Injection Moulding
Demands to create smaller, lighter parts have made thin-wall molding one of the most sought after capabilities for an injection molder. Thin wall molding offers the opportunity to reduce material part cost and to increase production output through faster cycle times. This trend is taking place in all types of injection molding industries such as automotive, packaging, electronic, medical, optical, mobile communications and computing equipment.
Minimizing wall thickness is the key to making lighter parts and improving production outputs. A thinner wall section allows shorter cooling time and cycle time.
Benefits of Thin wall Parts:
- Low material cost per part
- Low electricity cost per part due to fast cycle time with hydraulic machines
- Higher production output due to fast cycle times
To suffice the demand for lighter weight products, thin wall injection molding is a prerequisite. It is through thin wall machines that manufacturers can produce packaging solutions that weigh less, use less material and have a lower overall part cost.
Thin wall plastic injection molding is used in a wide range of applications including:
- Plastic packaging
- Food packaging
- Plastic housings
- Medical devices
- Consumer products and consumer product plastic packaging
- Plastic containers and lids
- Electronic housings and protection
- Cell phone and handheld device components